1. Make sure the pet is in a safe place, where it cannot run away.
2. Remove the collar from the dog and find the AirTag on it's pocket (located next to the metal ring).
3. Hold the white side of the Airtag to the top of your smartphone ( has to be NFC-capable).
4. A notification will appear to open the website "found.apple.com". After taping the notification the website will open, where you should be provided with information about the Airtag.
5. If the Airtag was marked as lost, you should be shown a message on how to contact the owner. Please contact the person as soon as you can and give them information on where you found the dog or collar.